cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zukowski
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

How can I set a condition in intefaces so that the chart displays data only from the last calendar year?

Within the past year apparently does not count the calendar year, but the year itself. I need January 2024 not to be there anymore.
Thank you for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simmonkc
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Could you do it by building out the filters with specific dates? There might be some manual updating of filters at some point, this might be able to work for you.

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 9.47.25 AM.png

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
simmonkc

Could you do it by building out the filters with specific dates? There might be some manual updating of filters at some point, this might be able to work for you.

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 9.47.25 AM.png

This would be possible and easy to set up. But too laborious for the amount of elements.
I would need something automatic ...

cntorres
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

You can create a formula field called "Number of Years Ago" with the following formula, which basically calculates how many years have passed between your date field and now:

DATETIME_DIFF(

DATETIME_FORMAT(NOW(), "YYYY"),
DATETIME_FORMAT({Date}, "YYYY"),
'years'
)

Then, you can filter your chart by "Where 'Number of Years Ago' = 1".

Does that help?
Adi_Menayang
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@cntorres I've been looking for a week for a way to filter and group by Calendar Year and this solved the problem!!!! It allows me to set up dashboards for some teams in my organization that won't require them to keep updating filters as the years pass if they want to compare year-over-year performance. Thanks so much, brilliant stuff.