1687 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashley_Jackson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have a list of donations made to an organization.  I have created a Dashboard Interface to report monthly donations received.  I would like to add a number widget that sums the number of all donations received in the current month.  I've already worked out how to filter to the current month, but I cannot find any option within the number widget to allow me to SUM.  I can only display the Record Count or a Field Summary.  Yet I have seen the post linked below that has the ability to do what I want:

https://community.airtable.com/t5/interface-designer/interface-cannot-use-formula-result-in-number-e...

What am I missing???  TIA!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AirOps
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Ashley, 

Welcome to the Airtable community!

In Interfaces, there is an option to sum if the field value is of a number type. To do this, you can click the "Field Summary" you mentioned, select that number field and the "sum" summary type.

What is the current field type for these donations? If the field type is not a number (it could be a string with a $ or a currency), you may need a helper function that turns these values into a number type. Here are two examples for if the donations field is a text field or a currency field

TEXT FIELD: Donations would be the string with a $ included. "Donations as Number" is the formula field that removes this $ and converts the string into a number that can be summed in the interface.

Cherry_0-1673591055772.png

Cherry_1-1673591064257.png

CURRENCY FIELD:

Luckily, currencies are already number fields. To keep the $ sign, click "formatting" tab within the field's formula and choose currency with the desired precision.

Then when you go back into the interface, you can sum it!

Cherry_4-1673591434284.png

I hope this helps!

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
AirOps
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Ashley, 

Welcome to the Airtable community!

In Interfaces, there is an option to sum if the field value is of a number type. To do this, you can click the "Field Summary" you mentioned, select that number field and the "sum" summary type.

What is the current field type for these donations? If the field type is not a number (it could be a string with a $ or a currency), you may need a helper function that turns these values into a number type. Here are two examples for if the donations field is a text field or a currency field

TEXT FIELD: Donations would be the string with a $ included. "Donations as Number" is the formula field that removes this $ and converts the string into a number that can be summed in the interface.

Cherry_0-1673591055772.png

Cherry_1-1673591064257.png

CURRENCY FIELD:

Luckily, currencies are already number fields. To keep the $ sign, click "formatting" tab within the field's formula and choose currency with the desired precision.

Then when you go back into the interface, you can sum it!

Cherry_4-1673591434284.png

I hope this helps!