Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: How to change order of linked records shown on an interface page?

Solved
Jump to Solution
21 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0800-grizzly
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi,

How can I change the order of the appearance for a field's records on an interface page?

The field shows a linked table's records for a contact (calls made), and I'm using show as = 'Field' and style = 'Cards'. Here's a picture of it:

0800grizzly_0-1729233569832.png

I want the newest to show above the older ones, adding to the older ones when entering new records.

I had this working already, and can't remember how I did it. After a sudden change yesterday (don't know what happened, all of the sudden the field's appearance changed completely), I can't get it back 😢.

Rgds,

Björn

PS. Is there a way not to show the record's primary field in the listing? There's is too much information, it clutters the UI. I'd like to select myself what to show there. Thought I had this also working before the sudden change, but of course I have no screen shots aved so I'm not sure...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JuniorL
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey there! 

I would suggest to choose show as 'view' instead of 'field'. This way you can sort the way you want and you can also choose to not show the primary field. 

Hope this helps. 

All the best, 

Junior L.
Founder and Consultant at Waybase Studio

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
JuniorL

Hey there! 

I would suggest to choose show as 'view' instead of 'field'. This way you can sort the way you want and you can also choose to not show the primary field. 

Hope this helps. 

All the best, 

Junior L.

Thank you @JuniorL!

I have before preferred not to use that, since I have found it ugly 😉. But apparently that was what I had used now, I just forgot about it since I thought it was, well... ugly. But it as it turns out, it's not all ugly now 😄.

Rgds,

Björn

JuniorL

You're welcome, happy to help!

I actually love using show as 'view' for linked records. It gives you so much possibilities for new workflows within record details pages.  

Have a nice weekend! 

Junior L.