2036 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CH_Saturn
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi. So the only way I can read-only share an interface with an external user is through Pro or Enterprise plans? Also is there a way to automate the sending of an interface dashboard for updates weekly, monthly, etc?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vic_Airtable
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

These are great questions! In order to be able to share a read-only link to your Interface without giving base access, you are correct that you would need to be on a Pro or Enterprise plan.

On any plan, you can automate sending a link to your interface dashboard via an email digest automation. You could set up an email to run at regular intervals (daily, weekly, monthly) to send a link to your desired interface page. Run limits for each plan type can be found here. It is worth noting that on our Free Plan, Plus Plan, and Pro Trial offerings, we only allow users to email other Airtable collaborators (who are collaborators on the base you are sending the automation from) when using the native Send an email action. As a workaround, we recommend either adding the collaborator to the base or considering using the Gmail: Send email or Outlook: Send email actions which are not limited by collaborator restrictions on any plan level.

Hope this helps ☺️

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
Vic_Airtable
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

These are great questions! In order to be able to share a read-only link to your Interface without giving base access, you are correct that you would need to be on a Pro or Enterprise plan.

On any plan, you can automate sending a link to your interface dashboard via an email digest automation. You could set up an email to run at regular intervals (daily, weekly, monthly) to send a link to your desired interface page. Run limits for each plan type can be found here. It is worth noting that on our Free Plan, Plus Plan, and Pro Trial offerings, we only allow users to email other Airtable collaborators (who are collaborators on the base you are sending the automation from) when using the native Send an email action. As a workaround, we recommend either adding the collaborator to the base or considering using the Gmail: Send email or Outlook: Send email actions which are not limited by collaborator restrictions on any plan level.

Hope this helps ☺️

Does it cost to share READ Only share by link Dashboard (I have Pro Plan) - as an additional monthly seat cost?

This is the question that I need answered as well. In the thread above I read that it is possible to do this in the Pro Plan (I have that too), but does it have additional costs? And, especially sharing (read only) with non-collaborators.

If I make an interface a survey form, do others that use the "form" need an Airtable licence? 

atusr
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

AirTabLe, please allow us to share airtable interfaces with public viewers/readers/visitors not registered to airtable (non-airtable users).