Help

Link to Timeline interface Specific Record?

171 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matt_stewart1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I use a lot of links to aid users in jumping from one interface to another, with the links having the RecordID baked in so that the jump brings you to the same record on that new interface. This allows for workflow specific interfaces and quick navigation.

However there is a couple interfaces that are not letting me do so that i am wondering if there is a workaround or feature im missing?

1. Jump to Timeline Interface with sidesheet of selected Record open (OR to timeline with bubble popup of selected record)
    • Standard timeline url's do not contain the recordID when you click open the popup bubble nor the expanded sidesheet. 
    • There is a "link to record" button on the sidesheet, but when analyzing the link it generates it does not use RecordID as an identifier either. However there is a small string of characters that is unique but not sure what it ties to.
  2. Jump to Grid Interface of Subtasks filtered on selected records subtasks.
    • Standard grids do not contain the recordID(s) in the url when you use a linked record as a filter.
    • I managed to get a workaround by using the link generated when you do a search, however it is not perfect and sometimes includes extra records. 

Would love to have a built in feature on the interface buttons to include an option of "Open Interface page with selected record"

1 Reply 1
Saravanan_009
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

To improve navigation between interfaces in Airtable using links with embedded RecordID for jumping directly to the correct record, here are some solutions:

1. For Timeline Interfaces: Airtable doesn't currently support opening a specific record's bubble popup or sidesheet via URL parameters. As a workaround, you could use manually generated links via the "link to record" button, although this isn't dynamic. Submitting a feature request to Airtable for more URL parameter controls could help in the long term.

2. For Grid Interfaces with Subtasks: The current workaround using search-generated URLs isn't always accurate. Instead, consider using custom scripts or automation buttons to create dynamic navigation that filters records precisely. This approach provides more control and consistency in your interface navigation.

By exploring these solutions, you can enhance user experience and streamline workflows in Airtable.