Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: Pass the same record picker value to multiple Interfaces

Solved
Jump to Solution
1312 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trheiman
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a series of Interfaces that all start with the same record picker.  I'd like to pick the appropriate record in the record picker of the first interface and then pass the value I've selected in the record picker to the remaining interfaces so that I don't have to pick it at the start of every interface.  Is there a way to do that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can use a button field to do this. Use a formula that opens the url for the record in the other interface page. You can see the structure of the url in when you open the interface page in a web browser. You will need to hardcode the base ID, interface page ID, and record picker ID. You can get the record ID with the RECORD_ID() formula function. You will need a new button field for each interface page. Place the button field on the interface page and enjoy jumping between different pages for the same record. 

I use a similar technique to jump between pages for linked records when I want more than what a side-sheet can do (or when I don’t want to maintain both the main page and the side-sheet page.)

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Hey @Trheiman

Unfortunately, you are not able to create or define persistent, global settings or variables between Interfaces.
If you find yourself jumping frequently between multiple Interfaces built on top of the same base, I might recommend consolidating your fractured Interfaces into a single Interface.
Doing this will allow you to leverage page layouts to create a more uniform, succinct application and allow you to streamline your experience within Interfaces.

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can use a button field to do this. Use a formula that opens the url for the record in the other interface page. You can see the structure of the url in when you open the interface page in a web browser. You will need to hardcode the base ID, interface page ID, and record picker ID. You can get the record ID with the RECORD_ID() formula function. You will need a new button field for each interface page. Place the button field on the interface page and enjoy jumping between different pages for the same record. 

I use a similar technique to jump between pages for linked records when I want more than what a side-sheet can do (or when I don’t want to maintain both the main page and the side-sheet page.)

Trheiman

Thank you very much kuovonne!  I appreciate it.  I will give this a try over the holidays when I have a few minutes.  Watching the grandchild today.

Trheiman

Hi kuovonne.  Thank you for the solution to my question.  I just had a chance to try it out and it works great!  I appreciate it.

Can you clarify what "hardcode" the IDs means?