Help

Change field order in record view/Expanded view?

Topic Labels: Views
19367 22
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scorance
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a “Links” table. The primary field is a friendly name and the second column is a URL. When I view this record from a linked table, the URL is the 3rd entry down. There is another field above it.

How can I reorder these?

image.png

And here is the column order in the links table:

Name | URL | Namespace | Type | Server | Participants

22 Replies 22
Ian_McCall
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This seemingly small enhancement would be very helpful, especially if it also dictated the 3 fields shown on the ‘mini record views’ that first appear, and would save having to expand the individual records in most cases

Kyle_Hulten
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Not sure if this will work for others, but you can reorder the grid view (or whatever you renamed the first view) of the related table, and the expanded fields will be correspondingly reordered. So in the initial post, if you wanted the URL filed to be the second field on the expanded view, you’d just need to go to the grid view of the related table and make the URL column the second column on that view.

It's five years later and I'm not seeing this "within a few months" functionality in the system?

Also, your solution does not specify WHICH view setting(s) to copy to change field order?