Help

Re: Chrome thinks every field is a password field and offers to create or save the password

5255 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tish_Chambers
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Chrome has started thinking every field in Airtable is a password field and pops up the 'Do you want to save this password?' after I finish typing in any field. It is very annoying!

It is also preventing me from choosing a date in a date field because it pops up the 'create a strong password' right on top of the calendar and I can't click on anything!

I've tried Googling for instructions for how to block the password autofill/offer to save on just one site, but can't find instructions exactly. 

Is anyone else having this issue? As far as I know, I didn't change anything about Chrome, this just started happening. 

60 Replies 60
JM1234
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+ 1

Celeste_Bancos
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Agreed, this has been happening to me as well. It started a few days ago. Super irritating.

For me, it's happening in the search bars like "Find a view" and interface record searches.

Ed_B
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

It is intensely annoying.

Jayme_Richardso
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Anyone find a fix? 

renooo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same here.
I hope a solution will be find quickly as it is quite annoying

I reached out to support and they said it's a known issue they are working on!  So hopefully it'll be fixed soon!

Thanks for reaching out and posting here! 

Cash4Homes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same here. Still love this resource and this platform. Everyone is so helpful. Thank you for the comments, videos, and suggestions!!!

LucasRoquilly
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone. Had the same problem and I found a fix that worked for me. 

Open a new tab on Chrome and go to chrome://flags/

Search "password generation experiment" and set it to disabled

Hit "Relaunch" button

That seemed to work for me, hope it works for you too !

Jeremy_Patay
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

does not work for me.

i've changed fields from being "single line text" to "long text". Now i'm not bothered anymore