cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taylor_Johnston
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi, friends!

I’m looking for suggestions on the best method to combine multiple attachments within a record.
Essentially I need a button/formula/automation for each row in my table to act as Adobe’s “Combine Files” function in Acrobat.

I use miniExtensions and they have an app to combine multiple attachment field into one, but they are still separate files whereas I need to merge them all into one.

Is there an Airtable or Integromat function that can perform this task?

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

Airtable doesn’t have such a feature, and frankly I’d be surprised if one was ever added. It makes sense for something like that to be in Acrobat because its focus is document display and manipulation. Airtable is a database application, and document attachment support is mostly there for storage purposes, and somewhat for display, but I don’t see the attachment system ever supporting editing of attachments.

Integromat might have something like this, but I rarely go into Integromat any more (I was mostly using it to automate things that Airtable can now handle internally). Maybe @ScottWorld knows something?

Hi @Taylor_Johnston!

Yes, @Justin_Barrett is correct that this can be done with Integromat.

Integromat can automate the process of merging multiple PDF files (or merging any type of image files) into a single PDF file with its CloudConvert integration. See link below.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant & Registered Integromat Partner to help you set this up, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com.

Robert_William1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Taylor_Johnston Curious were you landed on this request. I need to accomplish the same goal. The perfect solution would be if Page Designer allowed for multiple records on one page. 

I ended up integrating with Integromat (now Make.com) to merge my PDF files with PDF.co's merge service. 

I use a webhook automation script to send the record to Make when it enters a certain view. 

I'm certainly no expert, but I've tested, failed, succeeded, and discovered many different scenarios so if you give me the details of what exactly you need to do, I may be able to help!

@Taylor_Johnston you're awesome! Thanks. Basically, I have a database of graphics. I want to be able to export those graphics to a single PDF with the same layout every time. I'll check out PDF.co and if you have any ideas, please let me know. Thanks again!