3585 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joshua_Todd
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

How can I change the the multi-select options based on whats chosen in a previous multi-selection field. For Example, if I have 2 multiple selection fields: Field 1 for State and Field 2 for City, if I choose New Jersey, only New Jersey cities would then be in field 2

28 Replies 28
artemfedorov
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there a way to make a logic select type?
For example, I have a Field1 and Field2
I want to make If Field1=A then Field2 has PackA of selecting items,
if Field1=B then Field2 has PackB of selecting items.
Is there a way to realize it?

Melissa_Frank
5 - Automation Enthusiast

From what I hear, they’re working on this one. :slightly_smiling_face:

Julie_Codair
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any update here with this? I was trying to do the same thing if type = P then it returns options for picking only from the types that relate to P

Wendy

I was actually just logging into the forum to ask for this! Would love to know if there’s an update.

IT_BeeTee
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Since it has been a while, is there any update on the process?

4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same problem.

How i can have selection depends on selection in previous field.

Thank you

Xemo
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

features features missing features ! i like the product but I am super surprised that small features like multi-select based on another table (reference data for multi-select), conditional multi selection, etc etc. does not exist !

agree - badly needed! any workarounds for this?? @airtable

Tyler_Nelson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Like you, I require the use of City/State on one of my tables. However, I do it a little differently with a formula. I created a formula, so that when the zip code is entered into a number field, the city and state automatically populate. I really like this way. However, every time I enter a new zip code, I have to add it to my formula field. I tried to jump the gun and found a list of every zip code in the state that I am primarily in and go ahead and create the formula for that state, but sadly, airtable limits the lenght of a formula that you have. I think I found the max to be around 350 IF() formulas branched together in one field.

I have not yet reached that in my table, but I know that it will eventually come, and I will have to find a different way to put the city and state. It will most likely be to enter the city and state manually in a single line text field. I really hate that airtable doesn’t offer something like this for the users that require city and state inputs in their table. I really hope that I find another way to auto-populate the city and state soon, as I am rapidly approaching the max in my table.