cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi

I have a filter question. I am trying to only filter records that has one or more fields that are empty, I am also connecting the individual fields with OR condition. That filter worked, but the filter is also including records that has all empty fields, except for the key field, which I don’t want to show. I don’t understand why.

I have also created a separate filter, in the same database, to show all records that has empty fields, except the key field and the fields in the filter are connected by AND option. This filter is showing only records with empty fields, except the key field, which is how I want the filter to show, so this filter is working.

I don’t understand why the two filters in the same base are showing different results.

I have created a share link to a copy of the database, if anyone wants to take a look. The two filters are:

1. ONE OR MORE EMPTY FIELDS (UPDATE) **This is the view that I am having issues with.
  2. EMPTY FIELDS (NEW)

Thank you,
Mary K

12 Replies 12

Wait a minute…“just 1 blank field”? Up until now you’ve been asking for a way to isolate records where there’s at least one blank, not just one blank. Big difference. Which do you want?

Based on the list of fields you want to check for blanks, I updated the formula. Here’s the revision.

AND(
    {SCOTT #},
    OR(
        NOT({STAMP DESCRIPTION}),
        NOT({SUBJECT}),
        NOT({DATE ISSUED}),
        NOT({STAMP FORMAT}),
        NOT({FACE VALUE}),
        NOT({KEYWORDS})
    ),
    OR(
        {LOCATION},
        {WEBSITES},
        {STAMP IMAGE},
        {MATCHED STAMPS},
        {STAMPS CHECKED}
    )
)

As for the filter settings, there should only be one filter in the view:

17%20PM

Just be aware that this will show records with your original request of at least one blank field out of that list. If you want instead want records with just one blank, that will require a completely different formula to drive the filter.

M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Justin_Barrett

Sorry. My miss-type. I do want records with at least one blank field. Will your reply work for these records?

I figured out how to filter records with all blank fields.

Thank you,
Mary

It works in my tests, so I’m hoping it will meet your needs.