Help

Re: Hide Table Views for Individual Users

3451 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have multiple users working on our Base at the same time. Because any changes to a Table View persist across all users, we have to have personalised Table Views for each user. Otherwise users clash with each other when editing a particular Table View.

This is fine, but it limits our ability to use Table Views for what they are designed for. If we want to have different Table Views for (example) different film genres. Then we need to create a Table View for every user for every film genre. We then end up with a long, unwieldy list of Table Views. There are some features that we simply don’t use because we don’t want to create more Table Views.

This could be avoided by allowing users to hide Table Views that remain hidden every time they log in. That way each user could have their own personal set of Table Views.

16 Replies 16
Michael_Berman
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This gives a lot more power than just making unique views - this method can also be used to hide data that you do not want modified by presenting it as a lookup in the view that you allow access to and effectively give the possibility of data protection, which is currently impossible.

I would really like to see this implemented…

George_Miller
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This feature would be a great addition to Airtable, cluttered view lists can be a nightmare to navigate.

There is times when we share a view URL with a client but we then can’t delete the view until the client has finished using it, we therefor end up with a load of views that only external clients view. This also adds another complication of knowing if/when we can delete the view or the worry that someone might accidentally delete it, our current solution is writing DND (Do Not Delete) at the start of the view name.

Would be great to see new feature to solve these issues.

Franz_Palomares
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I agree, it would be great to be able to manipulate the list of views. Besides hiding other people’s personal views.

I have one view that I use as a master for one subset of our data, then I have a bunch of views that are related to that view, it would be great to be able to group them and then minimize the group to one item that expands when clicked.

Thomas_Carrier
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

What’s the current status on this one?

+1111 to this - I see a couple of options/effects:

• share a base link and select/unselect certain views to share in that link (also shows blocks)
  • allow embed links on blocks to airtable forms to work without ‘shared view link’ enabled

There’s nothing in between share view and share base… And it goes without saying each should be able to use blocks on read only :slightly_smiling_face: bold is what’s missing in my opinion:

• share base
    - share multiple (but not all) tables
    - share table
    - share multiple views
  • share view
  • share record/column

Would love to chat more on this,
Thomas

tpcarrier@gmail.com

Brooke_Fedro
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It doesn’t look like there has been a great solve to this. I am working on a project that involves budgets and I need some to be able to view, edit, approve…while others do not need to see the information at all, but do need access to the workspace. Any solves?

Eric_SHARMA

Hello, any updates about the solve of this problem?

Thanks

Alucar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I agree, it would be great to be able to manipulate the list of views.

Sara_Shaffer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any update on this? This is still a major concern for us.

Agree with all of the above. It would be great to be able to restrict certain users from viewing other views.

Erica_B
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I agree, found this thread when I googled ‘how to hide table views for users on airtable’, or even just a feature that only allows the creator to see a view would be SO helpful!

Yvan_Belier

I need this so much…

Lindsay_Swany
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I hoped to be able to hide views by user. We have one base with many users from many departments. They get confused looking at a view that does not apply to them. It would be great to force viewers to only see the view that they need. A fix for this would be great!

Emily_Fisher
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Chiming in to say I agree! Hiding tables and restricting access to parts of the base (like certain views or tables) is a MUST! I’m down insane work arounds right now to give people access to edit certain records but not see all and this would relieve a lot of stress and troubleshooting.

I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting for Airtable to implement this feature. It could be years or never, and if it does come out, it might be restricted to customers paying $10k per year for the enterprise plan.

In the meantime, the only way to get the full functionality that you’re looking for — without relying on tons of massive workarounds — is to pay for a 3rd-party portal tool. The current Airtable portals are MiniExtensions.com, GlideApps.com, Softr.io, Pory.io, and StackerHQ.com. I don’t know if there are any others that are currently available.

p.s. As an expert Airtable consultant, I have experience with all of these portals and am available to help people set these up:

stereosympathy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I was just googling "how to hide Airtable view from specific users" and found this feature request thread. Hoping this will be a feature added in the future as I have a need for this as well. 

pamg
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Wouldn't this be an easy feature to add? Hiding or Permissions for various views and/or sections? We are currently migrating to Airtable and this is a huge issue for us.