6852 10
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lloyd_Silver
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I uploaded a spreadsheet that has an image URL in a column. In Airtable, that’s displayed as a simple URL.

Is there any way of turning that URL into an actual attachment?

I previously used this spreadsheet in Trello where I imported via Zapier (much more time intensive then Airtable) but could specify the URL as an attachment. Therefore, it was displayed as an image on the Trello card.

Thanks

10 Replies 10
RustyDev
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m missing this functionality as well trying to convert a google sheet (=image).

Yaron_Samid
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have the same need. Any updates from Airtable if this is supported somehow?

Peter_Nelson
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’d like to see this functionality added as well. Currently, a URL field that is imported also needs to be set to a ULR field type automatically. It would be nice if Airtable recognized the URL format automatically and added the imported data as an actual URL instead of text, saving a step right there. Then, typically what I do now is duplicated the URL field, change it to an Attachment style field, and then cut & paste in the image from the actual URL link. A lot of wasted effort there that would be nice to automate. Maybe a formula field that is able to input an image or document associated with a URL field?

Vadim_Ciobanu

I also need this feature

M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Vadim_Ciobanu

You could also use Integromat to automate this process. I realize it’s not the same, but it’s one immediate solution.

Mary Kay

Abdulrahman_Alz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I made an extension that converts URLs to attachments.

Icaro_Carniello
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I made an Airtable Script that converts image links from a URL field to attachments on an attachment field.

https://icaro-dev.pory.app/record/rec42V2n6mMYDi43N/convert-image-link-to-attachment-in-airtable

Florian_Verdon2
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey,

For those who are looking for a simple solution to convert URLs to attachments natively, I invite you to take a look at my topic here :

Florian

Hey Florian,

Thanks for posting this workaround up, was exactly what I needed!

Hi IS this script still available? The provided links seems to take me nowhere.