1266 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sneh_Patel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

hi, i’m currenly trying to use integromat to copy data from one base to another. but when there’s a linked column. it copies its record id instead of its field value. i tried turning on smart link, but it still copies record id instead of its value. any help please?

29 Replies 29
Sneh_Patel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@M_k
sorry i mean both bases which i need to copy from and copy to are in same workspace, in my understanding tables = bases and fields = columns,

Hi @Sneh_Patel

Does your destination table look like this, with more then one table, in one base?

Sneh_Patel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@M_k yes, it does.you can check that in my video.

After watching your video, again, the two fields, in your destination base, are Long text.

The image of the field, for a linked field looks different.

I have screenshots explaining the difference.

image image

Sneh_Patel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

on desktop site this symbol is used for linked field.temp5

What are the names of the fields that you have linked, so I can use that in the test.

Sneh_Patel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

‘client’ and ‘Job Type’
Job Type sometimes has more than one value like “photo, video” both.

Okay. It looked like a different field in the video.

Good to know.

Mary

Sneh_Patel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

so i found another solution around it, i made a new formula field in airtable which copies whatever data is in linked field as text, and then using integromat i copied that formula column’s data in may new table. if the formula field has more than one value, it’s seprated by a commna. and i can separate them in integromat by their split string function. and it works perfectly. thanks eveyone for your help. :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Sneh_Patel

I figured it out. I was going to ask if you could make up some mock bases, with the two fields only in each base, so I can test it properly. One with some sample data and the other empty.

It was really easy to do and it only required two modules.

Mary