2204 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rachel_Passmore
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Does anyone know the names of the colors in Airtable? Thank you.Screenshot (49)

13 Replies 13

That document is a little helpful, but you can’t copy or search for color names or hex values from an image. [sigh]

The names of the colors in the attachment that @Rachel_Passmore shared match the names of the colors in the Custom Apps SDK that @Bill.French linked to. The Custom Apps SDK also provides the getRgbForColor or getHexForColor functions to get the numeric values.

I find it interesting that there are 5 flavors of each the ten color in the image and in the Custom Apps SDK. However, I see only 4 flavors of each of the ten colors when using the user interface.

Um, possible explained by an intentional compliance with a web-safe palette? Maybe?

drassi
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Sorry to reopen an old thread but I was looking for this exact info!

I did some web extraction based on research posted previously in the thread, and came up with the list of the 40 single-select color names airtable uses. Here they are below, in automatic creation order. Create a new single-select field (leave all options blank!) then paste the below 40 names into your new column cells:

blueLight2
cyanLight2
tealLight2
greenLight2
yellowLight2
orangeLight2
redLight2
pinkLight2
purpleLight2
grayLight2
blueLight1
cyanLight1
tealLight1
greenLight1
yellowLight1
orangeLight1
redLight1
pinkLight1
purpleLight1
grayLight1
blueBright
cyanBright
tealBright
greenBright
yellowBright
orangeBright
redBright
pinkBright
purpleBright
grayBright
blueDark1
cyanDark1
tealDark1
greenDark1
yellowDark1
orangeDark1
redDark1
pinkDark1
purpleDark1
grayDark1

That should fill your color options up and you'll end up with the single-select looking like this:

Screenshot 2024-04-19 9.42.36 PM.png