Help

Noobie question: I need help from airtable experts, Currently I'm not able to followup on my leads properly

Topic Labels: Views
6048 56
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay_P
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Currently, I have my data in multiple tables (20)
Each table has the exact same table structure. Please dont tell me to put all data in same table. I can’t do it.

& I don’t get much time to go into each and every table to check which leads I have to followup on.

I need a way by which I can view all the records that have the status ‘Negotiation State’ in all the tables to be displayed in one place so I can be more efficient with my work.

I make chnage in this view and the chnage should be implemented at the original table.

I see in other softwares like Asanas the pipeline thing is built in. How can i make my airtables more efficient ?

56 Replies 56

You can setup the email automation to only run when the single status field changes to a particular value. You would use the when record meets conditions trigger.

Although you know your data best and you know what makes sense to you, there are ways of indicating priority for different states that don’t involve having 20 tables. Since you have 20 tables and not 50 tables, are you combining some states together or do you have data for only 20 states?

I dont think email is the right solution for this. Because I should be able to see the stuff when I need to, Not dig into my inbox finding the records. Not the right way to do things.

I’m combining some states but eventually I’ll definately have minimum of 20 states / 20 tables.

Also moving future I’ll have another category of data for another 20 states.

Isn’t it possible for the script to run automatically every 15 minutes and it gathers the most current data ?

If the user have to click on things, the crm isn’t doing its job.

I believe it’s possible to do it via automation. The automation could trigger based on the status change to “Negotiation State” that you mentioned earlier, and copy the record to the working table. Once the status changes to any other option, another automation could be triggered that removes the associated record from the working table.

Yes, it is possible. @Justin_Barrett explained how. You could have all the back and forth copying occur with 21 automations (one for each table) and never have to click the run button for a script. All the automations would all be triggered by changes in the records. However, just because it is possible doesn’t mean that it is advisable. It is a lot of copying of data back and forth.

Here i took the screen shot of how it looks like. I’m unable to select when the status option changes to particular value… Please help me.

You’re using the wrong trigger. The one you want is “When record matches conditions.” The settings are the same as those for view filters, so you’ll want to set it to trigger when that {Status} field is “Negotiation State”.

I just realized that the trickiest part of this is going to be syncing back to the original record from the copy. You won’t be able to just use an “Update record” action because that requires you to pick a specific table. The table can’t be chosen via data; i.e. there’s no way to store the record’s original table and use that as part of the update. The update will have to be done via a script action in the automation, and even then, it’s going to be tricky to set up.

@Justin_Barrett That tricky part is why I said that the target working table would need to have two more fields–one for the source table name and another for the source record ID, both of which can be created in formula fields.

And yes, the automation that copies data back to the original tables would also have to be a scripting action, unless you want to have 20 more automations for copying the data back. And you couldn’t use the when record updated trigger for the 20 automations; you would have to use when record meets conditions and your brilliant workaround for detecting updates in order to include up the table name as one of the conditions.