cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erwan_Pannier
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

Given that every collaborator can share a base with anyone else, is it possible to notify a given email address (or every existing collaborator) when the base is shared with someone new?

Best

3 Replies 3
M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Erwan_Pannier

I found this link. It covers restricting emails.

Hope this helps.

Mary Kay

Sadly, I don’t know of any way to get email notification when a base (or view or table) is shared. Some people might consider this to be a small security risk in Airtable, since you have to keep checking to see if anything has been shared.

And this sort of ties into the much larger security risk here:

Unfortunately, this is fundamentally a huge challenge and a giant security issue as @ScottWorld has pointed out repeatedly in this community. As bad as this is, there is an equally bad way to detect unknown activity on a base.

A client of mine is actually entertaining this crappy idea.

• Create a simple Script Block that is enticing for users to run. It could be tips, instructions, or even a Read Me that is titled “DON’T READ.ME”. :winking_face: It could also have a quick survey including - how did you find out about this base?
  • In that script block, capture the session data (with user IDs) and compare it to a secret table that white lists known and trusted users, post any activity that is unexpected to the secret base/log table.
  • Set up a monitoring process on the log table looking for users that are tagged as “uninvited”.

Now you have your list of uninvited guests.