2024 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marshall_Johnso
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Might there be a way to add an option to an embed block to snapshot and convert the embed to a jpg and store that? We use embed blocks to show graphs of current % completion of various task, once we hit a threshold it would be nice to be able to snapshot that embed block and store the result on that date. Probably would store it something like 4 or 5 times as we cross thresholds on a project. Currently the views on those days are lost or have to be manually snapshot and saved elsewhere.

17 Replies 17
Marshall_Johnso
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Also WebClipper records a URL not an image, what we really need is the ability to store the image when a milestone is reached, The URL that points to a live page could have the data altered later. Storing an image would solve that.
Second WebClipper creates a record, what we want is to add a column to the same record as the embed block (which for us is just a URL from plot.ly being displayed) with the label “Milestone A reached, on this Date”

Also not an issue if you use the URL as an image attachment. Airtable will make a snapshot (copy) of the image at the time it is imported into the Airtable attachment field. A simple action script could append the webclipper URL as an attachment.

Let me try that…any way to make it add the image to the same record as the one containing the embed block URL, instead of creating a new record?

This depends on what “it” is. If it’s an action script processing the record where the webclipper wrote the URL, then yes - action scripts can do anything you want them to do.

Will see if I can get that to work. I tend to only explore a bit at a time, so thanks for the super help.

If I understand this correctly, what’s required here is the ability to screen capture a chart block in the dashboard on a regular basis. Unfortunately, I don’t think that’s possible with our tools. One of our extensions allows you to take a screenshot of a public URL (but not private ones). Which seems like what the OP is asking for. I could be missing something though.

UPDATE:
I just realized that dashboards can be shared publicly. So maybe this solution could work after all!

Marshall_Johnso
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes these are internal pages, they contain internal project data so I have not been able to get approval to make the viewable outside, I did take a look at the Sceenshots tool and it seems to do what is needed thought it is much more capable than what I need.

Pretty sure no one wants their dashboard shared publicly. But, if it’s an incalculable [private] URL, that might work.