3474 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DinaSorrenti
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m keeping track of some social media captions in my Airtable base but every time I copy and paste into Airtable I get a prompt to update saved password. It’s quite annoying to have to minimize the window each time I paste something. Is there a way to disable that pop up?

23 Replies 23
AshleyRLovell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

You can't disable the pop ups and expect the rest of airtable to work. This is a problem, and from what I can tell, it just started in Sept/Oct of 2023. There's some kind of bug with the latest version of chrome. please fix this, airtable.

We can't disable pop-ups for airtable and expect it to work properly. there needs to be another fix.

Correction... this 'fix' only lasted a few minutes.

@Alessio How can it not be an Airtable issue? This doesn't happen with any other app I use in Chrome.  It only happens within in random cells  in Airtable. I've followed the steps above for Chrome; we'll see if it works, but wondering if by doing so, I'm blocking any desirable popups from Airtable? I don't think your users should have to do this. Something about your cells is signaling the wrong thing to the browser.

UPDATE: It's not working. I'm getting the prompt again. GRRR.

rallen8lsu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am having the same issue in chrome, asks to update password each time I update a record. 

WICSkilling
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is currently happening to me and making Airtable unusable. Commenting for a boost and to follow the thread to see if any solutions arise. 

GlennLim
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes this is a problem! Almost every other field it keeps popping up.

MichaelBQ
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same problem.  

geekoutofwater
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same... commenting in hopes of a fix. I'm on the latest Chrome on Mac and this started for me in October. No other web site does this. Every time I add or modify data in a field in Airtable, it pops up and asks me to save it as a password. There's something about the cells that is triggering the wrong field type in Chrome. 

For anyone that hasn't realized this - you can ignore the pop-up (if the box doesn't obscure what you're trying to do) and just keep entering into whatever cells you need to, then dismiss it when you're done (instead of clicking it away every single cell). 

It's still nearly unusable.