cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slim_BENAZIZA
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey guys !
i have an interface for my customer with a form and other data.

He wants the form to be prefilled with the same message “long text field” in the interface.
See the screenshot.

it it possible to do that? and how?

Thank you

Sans titre

19 Replies 19

Hi @Slim_BENAZIZA ,

Welcome to Airtable Community!

You cannot prefill forms in the interface , you can only do that in the form link. Please see this help article.

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Pre-filled field data within an Interface Form is now possible, thanks to the recent March 2023 updates to Interfaces.

Karlstens_0-1677994274046.png

EDIT: FFFSS I can't stand these buggy forum bugs >_<. Now I have the wrong screenshot uploaded capturing the forum bug of my real post that was trying to help. *sigh*

Hi there, Is it possible to have a dynamic value prefilled into a form?  For instance, I have a library base for a small organization lending library.  You can view / search the catalog and if you find a book you'd like to check out, I want to offer a button that takes the viewer to a check-out form with the book pre-filled.  Possible?  Thanks!

Amaury_Halle1

Any updates about prefilling a form in interface dynamically?
Let say I want to comment the record (not with the record block), could the "current record" already be filled in the form?

Is this documented anywhere? 

Following up on my own inquiry here. It's possible to set a default value in interface forms, but it is not possible, at least not from what I've encountered so far, to prefill interface forms via url parameters in the same way that you can standard forms. 

I think it's possible for fields like boolean fields, text fields, single/multiple select, but I haven't found a way for linked records...

Oh, really? That'd be helpful, even if it is limited to those fields. Do you have any examples you could share? I've not been able to get it to work using syntax that works for regular forms. I did get filters in interfaces prefilled at one point, but that was pretty complicated and involved some base 64 encoding, which I mostly learned about here: https://community.airtable.com/t5/interface-designer/navigate-between-airtable-interfaces-how-to-gen...

Marielle_Gueis1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Bobby, now even the linked fields can be prefilled!!

What I've done is create a form in the interface, publish, then use the url and write the variables like you would for the other forms. (documentation here). 
I think the link you shared is for filters on other types of pages, not for forms.