1097 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samir_Patel
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a sheet that has 7 fields. 3 fields are pre-populated. The other 4 are filled out by data entry people. I want the contents of 3 pre-populated fields to be locked so that editors can not change them. Furthermore, I want to prevent editors from being able to delete any rows. Can someone please tell me how to achieve this because airtable’s documentation could be much better.

4 Replies 4

Welcome to the community, @Samir_Patel! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Airtable doesn’t currently offer that level of permission control. You might talk to the folks at Airportal to see if their product would give you the level of control you seek.

Thanks Justin for the reply. Just to be clear, are you saying that I can’t lock fields or prevent record deletion?

Fields cannot currently be locked. Depending on how you have a collaborator’s permissions set, they can either edit everything, or nothing. There’s no granularity to specify certain fields that can/cannot be edited.

In terms of records, it’s pretty much the same. If someone can edit records, they can also delete them. The only option that prevents a collaborator from deleting records also prevents them from editing.

Dang. I guess I won’t be purchasing any airtable subscriptions for the team.