Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

1 to 1 relational tabbed view

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nathaniel_pulsi
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have ended up with very wide tables (100+ col’s) that are hard to navigate in either grid view or as vertical tables. I would dearly love the ability to easily separate into separate tables on 1 to 1 relationship or group certain fields into a tab so as to get them out of the way.

So instead of a huge vertical form view of a record, i see 6 or 8 different tabs, each tab containing groups of data - like, publishing attributes, acquisition attributes, sale attributes… these are all col’s of my data and it’s not easy to separate them out to separate sheets, yet it’s not easy to manage the data on wide tables either.

basically, what i’m looking for are 1 to 1 relational sub records that can be displayed as tabs

1 Comment
Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

In the meantime, I think scoped views are going to be the best way to get what you want.

Say there are 15-20 of the fields in your table that deal with financials, and you want to isolate them. Create a view called “Financials” where you hide all the other fields except the ones you need to see when assessing “Financials”, and apply any filtering/sorting you might want as well.

When you want to quickly see this group of fields together, just press:
cmd/ctrl+shift+K
And start typing “Fina…” after just a couple letters you can hit enter and it will take you to that view.