Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Shared View to EDIT

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_Spitzer
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all,
Please advise if there is any way to share a part of my base to my worker to ‘edit’ information.
For now, when i want to share i have two choices:

1. Share the whole Base of any level i want (edit, comment, view)
  2. Share only a certain view that is not possible to comment or edit
    I’m looking for any way to share one table or part of table (Filtered View) with an option to EDIT.

Looking forward for any advise & tips
Thanks in advance

22 Comments
Steve_Odom
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is it possible to edit an embedded view? Or can these only be viewed?

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Embedded views are read-only. If you wish for someone to be able to edit the contents of one of your bases, you will have to invite that person to collaborate with you on that base, and that person will need to create an Airtable account.

If all you want is for someone to add data to a base (without needing to edit that data later), and you don’t need/want that person to have access to your base, you may be able use forms to get the functionality you want. Hope this answers your question!

Ben_Frederick
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

So I’ve been doing some work embedding Airtable task lists on a company extranet (like an intranet but accessible form the internet). It works GREAT except that the process for marking a task as completed is a bit cumbersome.

If there was an option for the check box field type to “Allow Check on Embed”, then my employees would be able to check or uncheck tasks on the embedded tables on our extranet.

That would be Amazing!

Augusto_Bondio
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

could you give me more information to please you?

Olly_L
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Wouldn’t it be possible to make an embedded table editable but require a user to be logged into Airtable and have edit rights?

That would allow an Admin/developer to make their own navigation UI and link to specific views in the same way as Airtable Universe. This would also provide a possible solution to this thread.

Jon_Techilovsky
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is really needed. Editable embed feature would make life so much easier to embed into backend systems and only those logged into Airtable could edit.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We’ve built something that’s far from perfect, but it does the job for simple tasks. This tool generates you an editable view. Allowing you to give employees partial access to your base.

Admin_Publicis

Hey guys, i had the same issue so we built a way to sync base together so we can share a portion of base with edit access to our clients.
We are thinking of sharing it, if you are interested click here

Admin_Publicis

Hi there, just following up about syncing part of your airtable base with clients and partners.
We released the beta version, you can signup there : https://trybases.com

Jane_Bruner
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m trying to streamline my systems in my business, and it would be so helpful to be able to embed an editable view in clickup. This could still require a login (not looking for a view that would provide open access to users without an account).

I can do this with Smartsheet, it just brings up the login screen before allowing access.