Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

More options for thumbnail size, resolution and position

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frances_Cherman
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Most of my attachments are PDFs of business documents. In their unexpanded state – even in Gallery View –they pretty much all look alike. I would like to be able to quickly identify documents without expanding them, and the easiest way to do that would be to have the thumbnail display a relevant portion of the text at a readable size and resolution. Typically this text is somewhere around halfway down the page, not at the top where logos and indicias are usually found.

I’ve tried making the thumbnails bigger and repositioning them by tweaking the CSS; unfortunately, Airtable thumbnails of PDFs are not tiny PDFs – they’re images – and they’re virtually unreadable when artificially enlarged. I would love the option to select from among different thumbnail sizes and resolutions when uploading PDFs or later. Even more, I would love it if the thumbnails of PDFs were the actual PDF documents in all their high-resolution glory. Using the Chrome Inspector, I modified my Airtable code locally and was successful in embedding a scaled-down yet scrollable version of a multipage PDF from a public document website. I realize this may not be practical, but, at minimum, it would be great if we could choose larger or higher-resolution thumbnails and choose what part of the image is displayed.