Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to create folders and subfolders within a workspace

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Some of my teams are going to be getting to the point of having 50+ bases soon.

Please can we make folders and subfolders within a team so that I can get them organised?

81 Comments
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Check this:

Stephen_Broadbe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I also have this problem. It is becoming cumbersome to organize bases in a logical way beyond a naming convention in the title. For example, I have bases that are dashboard oriented project management workflows, bases for managing progress on specific projects and bases for tracking and logging. Especially when a project base is completed, there is no way to archive it or put it into a place that doesnโ€™t distract from the โ€œactive bases.โ€ This creates a disincentive to use Airtable for workflows that are not just large and unending. Folders at the workspace level would be a simple but powerful feature. Look at simple tools like Lucidchart for inspiration.

Also, it seems this is a popular request but I donโ€™t see any input form the Airtable team. Just a long list of requests that have gone unanswered.

Sam_Davis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1
I have a base of โ€œInventory Reportโ€ that i need to do monthly,
Will not make sense to have them just like that - we need a way to organize the inventory reports into a folder.

Same we have many weekly/monthly reports that we would like to have in a uniqe base.

Mario_Pulido
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 Folders and the ability to give permissions per folder is critical .

Sarah_Filipiak
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Yes, we need this feature!

Marshall_Bryant

Not having a way to organize 5 - 10 bases is fine and all but having 15+ bases to organize can be a bit tricky without a folder system.

Thanks!

Rupert_Hoffsch1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Much needed as well as archiving bases!

Josh_Gnaizda
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes +1. Just simply adding folders to workspaces would be a huge improvement.

Melinda_Byerley

adding my upvote. we have multiple clients and multiple bases per clients. it makes no sense we canโ€™t group these together. itโ€™s so hard to find, esp with so many similar colors.

Viet_Hoang
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1.

Although I donโ€™t see this happening anytime soon. Seems to be an intentional design decision if you look at their plan pricing :confused: