Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Account Switching

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jon_Eckhardt
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be great to have quick and easy switching between accounts, as google has, for Airtable. Right now I work for more than one organization. I have brought Airtable into these organizations but it is cumbersome for me to switch between accounts.

Thank you!

Jon

57 Comments
Indresh_Kumar
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

needed to switch between work and personal accounts, especially on mobile where creating two browser instances is not possible

C_Boyd
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 - One possible workaround for personal/work use might be to allow base sharing between accounts without extra user charges? Probably more problematic than it’s worth, but just a thought…

Bruce_Kaufman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Not sure how paid vs free accounts interact, but with two free accounts, you can invite each account to the respective workspaces you wish to see, and then see all basis from each account

Hilary_Thompson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please, please, please implement this feature for mobile soon! It’s such a drag having to switch back and forth between a company account and my own account for part-time/self-employed design work every other day. Airtable is quite literally in every aspect of my daily workflow, which ain’t a bad thing, but I’m definitely not using it the way I want to be or need to be while fully on-the-go due to this hinderance.

L_Team

+1

Would love the ability to switch between the accounts of the different business we consult with.
This is especially true on the mobile app, less so on the desktop.

Joe_Hannon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 Please ship this feature! Would make switching between work and personal so much easier.

Joe_Reese
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m evaluating Airtable right now and the fact this isn’t possible is a HUGE deterant. I am willing to pay for Pro personally if I can see the value (which so far I can) and also for my company. I am not going to logout / in all day long for something that would be critical to my professional and personal workflow.

Jon_Eckhardt1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Joe,

While not ideal, on my desktop I overcome this issue by using multiple web browsers. Safari is logged into my work airtable account and Google Chrome is what I’m using for my personal airtable account.

This does not really work on mobile, which is a real drawback. I hope this helps.

Jon

Justin_Pines
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 to this. Signing out/back in to switch between work & personal accounts is enough friction that I’ve started exploring other products to replace airtable. It’s the superior product, but it’s just such a hassle - especially on mobile - when you want to quickly add to one of your bases in the moment and have to wade through the auth process. It often takes longer to access the data than it does to quickly make the intended update…

ZYGOTE_DEVELOPM

+1 to this as well! I made my own post about this yesterday but just found this too!