Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Adding N/A Option to Field Types

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Kyle_Stenson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

It would be nice if no matter the field type selected, if you could customize an option(s) to indicate the field was looked at but it wasnโ€™t applicable, rather than left blank due to lack of data.

Example:
In a contacts base, I may ask for various information like phone number and the field type I select is โ€œPhoneโ€. It only allows for a 10-digit number (which can be really helpful) but I would love to have an exception where I might put โ€œN/Aโ€.

Again, this would allow a little more flexibility, rather than an all or nothing approach.

3 Comments
Dean_Toland
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Iโ€™ve run into situations multiple times where this wouldโ€™ve been helpful, especially columns formatted as numbers where inputting text isnโ€™t allowed. I have to leave the field blank which usually indicates thereโ€™s no data or that it just hasnโ€™t been added yet, and in some cases itโ€™d be better to indicate the data isnโ€™t going to be available.

Jacob_Donaldson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I also agree. I think having an option to add exceptions to specific cells in a field would be useful

arwill19
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any updates on this feature? Iโ€™d especially like it for columns formatted as โ€œAttachmentโ€