Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Advanced form questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yuval_Yossefy
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be really awesome to have some more advanced question types in Airtable. Specifically, I’d love to be able to collect data in the form of an input table.

4 Comments
BillFrench
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

So, your input table would translate into records and fields in Airtable?

Yuval_Yossefy

Exactly. Let’s say you had a 3x3 table, that would translate to nine different fields in Airtable. Lots of forms already have this (like Jotform, for example)

Bill_French
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Yep - I get it. Um, I would try a simple test:

1. Create a form in Google sheets (it supports table layout questions) or any form builder you are comfortable with.
  2. Map it into Airtable via Zapier and see how Airtable interprets the update of what is ostensibly a 2d array.

I’m not suggesting this is how you should implement it, but more data on how Airtable would capture a grid would maybe give you additional insights into possible approaches. It’s possible Airtable is unable to capture a grid object, so best to know that straight-up.

If it works, you could use the API or Integromat, Zapier, Jotform, etc.

Yuval_Yossefy

Yeah I’ve been using Jotform, which seems like the best integration given my needs. The problem there is that they don’t support Airtable’s linked fields, but that’s a whole other beast haha