Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Advanced Sharing Options for Views

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Leandro_Seabra
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello Airtable Community,

I find myself needing the ability to share only a particular view of a base with guest users.

Those guest users would be able to filter/order/show/hide (but not edit/delete/add) and create their own views and shareable linksโ€ฆ in fact, it would be great to create a custom list of what this users can/canโ€™t do.

The guest users also wouldnโ€™t be able to see the hidden fields by the owner/creator/editor that shared the view with them.

Best,

3 Comments
Hashim_Warren
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

I sorely need this.

I have contractors who only need access to a particular set of data

Shannon_Tefft-1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

What Iโ€™ve done is use Google sites to create webpages that have the view I need embedded as an iframe. Then I share the link to that page. Am experimenting with doing this for email โ€œnewslettersโ€ which go to a particular group. Iโ€™m evaluating autoresponders that send an email every week and have text and the iframe embedded. Of course, the data will update as needed and display through the iframe.

Greg_Trepanier
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would require similar functionality with perhaps the option to add a single column that the guest user could add comments to. So they would have read only access to the entire table and write access to a single column.