Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Airtable Advertisement after form submission

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doug_Jaeger
5 - Automation Enthusiast

airtable-ad

I am a little disappointed that Airtable wants to advertise to the users of the form we create. Even if you specify a URL after the form… they show you an ad for 5 seconds…

Anyone else getting this after form submission… we have a paid account…
there is no option to turn it off.

19 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmmm… I’m not seeing this behavior on my end yet, so maybe they’re just beginning to roll this change out to people. I agree that this is disappointing. Did you disable the option at the bottom of your form that says “Show Airtable branding”? Does that change anything?

Howie_Mann
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Katherine_Duh @Howie_Liu this is not a great experience to show airtable advertising post form submission. This started displaying for PRO users even with the “show airtable branding” toggle switched off.

Can airtable please remove this for Pro users.

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I started seeing this today too. The toggle to turn off “Show Airtable branding” does not help. I contacted customer support to let them know that I do not like this change.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The forum won’t let me post my thoughts to this thread. Here’s a screenshot of what I’m trying to post:

Marci_devries

I noticed the ads this morning also. I will need to stop using airtable forms if the ads persist. I do not see a help topic that addresses this issue other than this one. If I see something documented I will add to this thread.

Frank_Dittmar

Unacceptable on paid accounts.

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Here is the response that I received from Airtable support on Tuesday, November 3, 2020 at 7:48 am:

So sorry for the confusion here – this is related to an issue we’ve identified and are fixing as soon as possible this week. You should see this is no longer occurring by the end of the week, if not sooner. Please let us know if you continue to see this by the end of this week. We appreciate you reaching out! I hope you have a great week~

And here is a followup response that I got on Tuesday, November 3 at 9:08 am:

I made a mistake in the timeline, my apologies – this fix will go out by the end of next week. Please let us know if you continue to see this at that point!

I also suggested to support that they post followup info to this thread to keep everyone informed.

Bill_French
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

@Taylor_Savage - if you really want to expand your user base, I predict this move will achieve exactly the opposite outcome. Ask yourself - when was the last time you clicked on a banner ad?

When was the last time I was performing a business process that was interrupted with an ad and I thought - by golly, this is a great ad and the timing is perfect! I think I’ll stop everything I’m doing for my work and buy something.

Solution makers – who are far more likely to recommend Airtable to more solution consumers – sit at the nexus of the platform decision-point. Ads are far more likely to limit adoption than they are to expand adoption. In fact, it’s likely that the absence of ads is what will drive deeper interest because even non-technical users will appreciate a seamless and clean form entry experience.

These are lessons learned in the late 90’s; you need to stop selling to people who have already bought and are using your platform. And if you think form respondents are not paying customers, you have miscalculated the nature of the marketplace - there are makers and consumers. Makers don’t want ads injected into their solutions, and users of maker’s solutions are part of the subscriber constituency - ergo, they are “paying” customers who are paying with their attention and eagerness to provide data which has great value. Don’t erect walls that erode this value chain.

Marci_devries

I received a note back from Jake at Airtable that said
Thanks for reaching out, Marci, and sorry for the trouble here! This is a bug – apologies!

As of later this week (hopefully by tomorrow), you’ll be able to turn off Airtable branding on any form belonging to a base that’s on a Pro workspace. Just scroll down to the bottom of that form, and switch the toggle:

(Toggle at the bottom of the air table admin form shown in the screen grab)

Drew_Connor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We also started seeing this today. I’ll be contacting customer support as well. This is completely and totally unacceptable on a paid plan. I’m really looking forward to explaining to my customer that the highly specialized solution that I’ve spent weeks building for them to give to their customers now has a giant Airtable ad on the end of it.

If this persists through the end of the week I will be forced to start over with a third party form solution, and that is something I am quite displeased about.