Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Allow Comment in Shared View

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thales_Noronha
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I share views with people outside my organization and I’d like for them to be able to comment on the records they can see.
They don’t need the ability to modify records (even though it would be nice) but they should be able to comment.

3 Comments
Susan_Cook
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would really like this too. I’ve built a simple lunch place recommendation form and gallery view embedded in a webpage for my company, I’ve been asked if it’s possible to “like” or vote for specific places in the gallery view. I don’t want to have to add everyone as a user.

Steve_Hazeltin1

This would be really helpful for us as well. The shared view is everything we need, EXCEPT it doesn’t show the comments. We’d like external users/customers to be able to sort fields as they see fit, AND see comment (or make) comments themselves. Right now shared view allows for sorting of fields, but not the comments. Adding that person as a commenter allows them to see/make comments, but NOT sort fields. We’re just looking for something with BOTH of those things. Right now, the only solution is to duplicate the base with the view we want to share, and give them full access to the duplicate. Pretty ugly workaround.

seqsproductions
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Has anyone figured out how to do this?