Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Allow for Condition Groups in Automations

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dennis_Petrou
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

In the Filters section you can create condition groups, which is great.
When building automations, you should be able to also creats condition groups to allow for more specific conditions like the use of AND and OR statements together, in different condition groups.

2 Comments
Ben_Young1
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hey @Dennis_Petrou!

I really wished that the conditional automations update would have had this added layer deployed with it.

With that being said, I’m curious as to why condition automation flows don’t fit your needs?
I have my own issues with automations, but I’m curious to hear what you’re running into.

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Dennis is asking for condition groups when defining a “When record meets conditions” trigger for the automation. This is different from the conditional automations update, which is for taking actions based on different conditions after the automation has been triggered.

Currently the workarounds for mixing and/or conditions for triggering an automation are

• use a formula field that mixes and/or together, then trigger off the formula field
  • use condition groups for a view, then trigger off the record entering the view, instead of “when meets conditions”