Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Auto Assign Dates by setting Predecessor

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason_Knighten1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

To whom it may concern,

An enhancement suggestion from Kalypso: When using the Date Dependencies settings, Start dates (And due dates if a Duration is already set), should auto populate when a Predecessor is selected. 

• Currently, dates are not initially set by selecting the Predecessor and invalid dependency error is displayed which is not fixed by opening and selecting Fix all
  • However, the dates are updated if, after setting the Predecessor, the date of the Predecessor is modified or the Due or Start dates as manually set

Screen shot after having entered a Duration and selecting Predecessor. 

Jason_Knighten1_0-1729095019899.png

Selecting View All for the 1 Invalid Dependency error and selecting Fix All has no effect. However, if I update the date in the Predecessor, or select a date in the dependent task, then the dates are displayed. 

Here I changed the date in the Predecessor and the dates in the dependent task populate. 

Jason_Knighten1_1-1729095167560.png

Here, (after undo), I have selected the start date of the dependent task. 

Jason_Knighten1_2-1729095213693.png

Neither of those solutions should be necessary.

Expected Benefits: More efficient and less confusing data configuration process for project schedules that utilize Date Dependency features.

Please consider adding this capability. 

Regards,

Jason Knighten