Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Automation step retry

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indimo
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

In automations I use scripts to make external api calls. These api calls may occasionally fail due to rate limiting / network issues etc..

I would love the option to automatically retry an automation step if it fails, preferably configurable like retry max 3 times with exponential backoff

1 Comment
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Great idea! Airtable lets you manually retry, but it doesn’t automatically retry. I would love to see it give us the ability to automatically retry.

In the meantime, until Airtable implements this, you may want to shift your automations to Make’s advanced automations for Airtable, which gives you many different options for automatically retrying failed automations.

If you’ve never used Make before, I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this thread.

For example, here is how you would instantly trigger a Make automation from Airtable.

I also give live demonstrations of how to use Make in many of my Airtable podcast appearances here.

— ScottWorld, Expert Airtable Consultant