Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Block Suggestion: Single Record Summary

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jonathan_Elliot
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

All - I think it would be helpful if there was a block that showed the fields of the single record summary in context rather than having to expand the record. Maybe there is a way of doing this but I have not figured it out. Thanks Jonathan

airtable_block_idea

5 Comments
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Jonathan_Elliott! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: The Page Designer block would probably do what you want, though it wonโ€™t automatically update as you select different records from the grid. Youโ€™ll need to use the blockโ€™s navigation options for that.

Another option is to write a custom script in the Scripting block that can be triggered by the new button field beta. Click a button in a record, and the script can pull that recordโ€™s info and display it as you wish. Similar to the Page Designer option, though, it wonโ€™t dynamically update as you select different records.

Iโ€™m not sure if the custom block beta API allows for dynamic updates as the record selection changes in the grid, but that might be an option to explore.

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Custom Blocks do rerender when the user selects/deselects a record (if you chose to). More info: Airtable Blocks SDK

Jonathan_Elliot
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Justin and Kamille - Thanks for the help. I will try your suggested methods :thumbs_up:

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can also use a button field to open a record in the Page Designer block. It isnโ€™t as elegant as what a custom block could do, but it would require no code.

Abraham_Bochner
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I really wish someone will make such a script

I need it so badly

Forms Airtable PLEASE - why is this not in your app Like Microsoft Access, Quickbase, Etc?