Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Bulk download of attachments.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jose_Alberto_Fu
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator
What is the proposed idea/solution?

A built in extension that provides the ability to bulk download attachments.  Filtering which records include and also renaming files based on any column of the table.

How does is solve the user problems?

Sometimes we need to export the contents of an attachment column. Doing this one by one it’s not efficient at all. Downloading data in csv it’s not enough.

How was this validated?

Who is the target audience?

6 Comments
jleach87
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1! Heck, +100!

John_Ealer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would love this feature.

Zvi
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey, I have created a (paid) Airtable extension that allows you to do just that - download multiple attachments, it has two modes "remote download" and "local script", you can read more about the differences in this blog post I wrote.

Hope this would save someone many hours of manually downloading 🙂

bibiczh
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

If I understand well your need, you can now do it with the premium version of Excel-Exporter. There is a freemium version and a premium version with a 7 day free trial. You can also ask them custom tools if you have a very specific need. 

ng010105
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Jumping in for anyone who finds this thread in the future -

I have created a (Free) python script that allows you to download your attachments,

you can read the code I wrote on github https://github.com/garygng/Airtable_python.

kerricrow13
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@ng010105 - thank you for sharing this python script!

How can we add this code to AirTable? Do we need to go through API/tokens?