Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Coloured select options in grid view but not in form view

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Crinni1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, if it has I don’t see it.

It would be useful if I could have single select fields have coloured options in grid view but not in a form.

Rationale: If I am running a survey where I would like to be able to spot certain selections easily or Red/Amber/Green answers in Grid View - I don’t want them to appear this way to the person inputting data on the form as to bias the results.

Thanks

2 Comments
Aron
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Michael,

Indeed there’s no solve for that today, color selections in the field are reflected on the form view!

That said, here’s a workaround: you can color rows according to options in your single select in a specific view. Essentially you can make all of your options in the single select the same color so as to not bias the form submission and then use the coloring to have records reflect the colours you want for each option!

Hope that helps!
Best
Aron

Want to learn Airtable? Join me for a webinar at airtable.com/webinar

Michael_Crinni1

Hi Aron, thanks for the reply. The form I’m referring to has 10 different single selects which I’d like to be coloured in the grid view. So this work around doesn’t help in this use case.

I love airtable but I definitely think some more conditional formatting and colouring options for records would be a welcome edition for many.