Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Column Description Tooltips in Form View

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Mike_Eovino
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Is there a way to make the column description tooltips appear in the form views (Expand Record and in forms you create)? If not, Iโ€™d like to request this.

6 Comments
Christian_Rodri
5 - Automation Enthusiast

+1 because right now things are a little incongruous:

• I can add help text in my form view when creating new rows which are super helpful for providing guidance.
  • I can add descriptions in my grid view to serve the same purpose (although itโ€™s different language)

But then I canโ€™t see either in the expanded record view! What a bummer!

Especially since we typically have data-entry occur in two stages. For example:

1. Job applicant fills out basic details in Airtable form
  2. Company reviewer wants to add notes but canโ€™t do it through the form view (doesnโ€™t work like that) so has to do it through the โ€œexpanded rowโ€ view. BUT ALAS! Thereโ€™s no comments or guidance there :frowning: :open_mouth: :frowning: :open_mouth: :frowning:
Jason_Hull
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

If I create a form view it automatically has the form fields with the form field names, but I can change them. It would be nice if I could have the form field descriptions automatically populated by the descriptions from the columns. Give us the option of turning descriptions on or off for each field. If on, use the default description from the grid view if nothing is entered manually.

Ambroise_Dhenai
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Would be so much useful when providing a base to a customer, I really need โ€œhelp textsโ€ / โ€œcolumn descriptionโ€ to guide them. Would also be really useful for myself when dealing with huge bases.

Berber

+1, seems to be very useful to understand column data.

Christoph_Liena
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same here, would be super useful.

Brent_Schumann
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 This seems like a natural link to me.