Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Copy & Paste Bookings/Entries in Timeline View

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
alisedolly
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer
What is the proposed idea/solution?

Be able to copy & paste a booking entry in Timeline view on a new date (similar to how you can copy & paste a cell in Grid view) instead of needing to create a new booking and re-entering all the fields on the new date. 

It would also be helpful to have a 'repeate booking daily/weekly/fortnightly etc.' in Timeline view.

How does is solve the user problems?

I use the Timeline view as a Staff schedule to see what projects they work on each week. Some staff work on the same projects weekly so I think this function would be a huge help and create efficiency with entering data.

I've attached an example of our weekly schedule showing repeated bookings on multiple days. 

Who is the target audience?

Anyone using the timeline view where similar entries are made each week. 

2 Comments
Leslie_Burke
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

@alisedolly While you can't do this from the timeline view, you can do exactly what you're describing in the grid view by duplicating an existing record and just changing the dates. It would be cool if what you're describing get added, but until then, you could try duplicating in a grid view.

mu71rd
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would like this feature as well - using keyboard modifiers with interfaces where you can drag/drop is quite normal/expected behaviour