Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

COUNTIF AND COUNTIFS Formulas

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Adalberto_Santo
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be great if the COUNTIF and the COUNTIFS formulas were implemented in Airtable. I use them in most of my excel spreadsheets, and it is a little frustrating not being able to use it here. Are there any plans to add more formulas?

50 Comments
Emily_Purser
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am trying to count all instances across multiple columns for a specific record for a certain word. I do this in excel quite easily with COUNTIF. I will have to scrap using this product for this reason.

Chadd_Dumagas

any new here? its been 5 years bout window count if not even available for airtable whats happening?

Michael_Townsen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Would love CountIfโ€ฆ any update???

Edan_Ben-Atar

Read all the comments here in such high hopes for an update at the bottomโ€ฆand nothing :grinning_face_with_sweat:

Maciej_Smola1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer
  • 1 from me, would you to track [Person][Date][Changed status] in a given month
Steph_McDougal
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Another request for COUNTIF please! We are using Airtable across several organizations to track the progress of a project, completing a survey of historic dance halls in Texas. Every quarter, I need to report the total number of halls that meet each of 7 status conditions. A COUNTIF formula would make this easy โ€“ instead, I guess I have to download the spreadsheet out of Airtable to run the calculation every time. Kind of ridiculous when you consider how basic a formula COUNTIF is.

Rob_Tucker
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Just signed up to a trial of Airtable to find this thread. I need this simple formula =COUNTIF($H$2:$H,G2) to count how many instances of an affiliate referral code has been used. strange that itโ€™s not possible. But maybe I donโ€™t know how to use the platform properly yet.

Petr_Serdyukov
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I really need to COUNT with different date options. I think COUNTIF should help me. Please add it to Airtable, guys!

supersparks
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello! We are working on an extension that will allow you to add COUNTIF & COUNTIFS and other criteria formulas (eg. SUMIF) to Airtable. Our solution is no-code and will take to minutes add to your tables:

Feel free to join our waitlist or send any feedback or questions to hello@supersparks.io .

Trevor_Dearham
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The best way to get this working natively that Iโ€™ve found is to use regex. For example, trying to count all occurrences of Active. It requires , and 1 to not be a part of the text. I only tested this with a Rollup.

Formatted to read it easier:

LEN(
    REGEX_REPLACE(
        REGEX_REPLACE(
            ARRAYJOIN(
                ARRAYCOMPACT(values)
            , ',')
        ,'Active(,|$)','1$1')
    ,'[^1]','')
)

ARRAYCOMPACT - remove empty string and null from values
ARRAYJOIN - join rest of values with comma to have a deliminator
REGEX_REPLACE 2 - replace all occurrences of Active followed by a comma or end of string with 1 followed by a comma or end of string
REGEX_REPLACE 1 - replace anything that isnโ€™t a 1
LEN - return length of string, which is the count of 1s

If REGEX_REPLACE supported it, ideally Active(,|$) would be (?<=^|,)Active(,|$) to enforce the presence of the deliminator or start of string.

A native COUNTIF would be great still.