Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Single-Record Calendar View

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

First-off, thank you for Calendar View!!!

It is great for tracking things like the drop-dead artwork release date for a bunch of jobs. But it’s not so great for tracking multiple dates associated with just one record.

Would you consider (or are you developing) a single-record/multi-field calendar view? Something like that would be MUCH more useful for calendarizing complex project management schedules with individual deliverables (like say a printed catalog or photo shoot).

As always, thanks!

A.

23 Comments
Jason_Dettmer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed! Any sort of project management needs multiple dates for various milestones. I would LOVE the ability to add multiple date fields to the same calendar view, and perhaps even a block of dates.

For instance, I have table with arrival and departure dates for each record, so seeing those days blocked out on the calendar in some way would be huge. Right now, I can’t really use the calendar, as I’m forced to only look at arrival dates OR departure dates for everyone, which is not intuitive at all.

I’m about to try out the Zapier Google Calendar integration and see how that goes, but it would be great if everything were under one roof.

Loving Airtable though, keep up the great work!

j

Arlo_Haskell
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I’d love to see this too. Trying to use calendar view to display check-in and check-out dates associated with single contacts. I want to see the block of dates that are booked or available, not just arrival or departure date.

Bryne_Ulmschnei
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Also +1 for this feature request

JonathanF
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Also interested in this too!

Use case: each record is an entity with various licenses/permits, and thus multiple expiration dates. I would love to see in one calendar the consolidated look at all expirations forthcoming across all the different permit types.

Krista_Wanderma
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m looking for multiple date field calendar, too. Would like to create a table to lookup date fields from multiple tables and view all of the dates on a single calendar. Example: Combined view of birthdays from table of parents and table of children. Thanks.

Laura_Servidei
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Me too! I’m trying to use Airtable to track the opera performances in Europe, and each event has many performances. I don’t see a way to use Airtable for this, right now.

Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Exactly, we’re using Airtable to track creative requests, all of which have 4-20 key milestone dates. We need the ability to provide our team with both a multi-field calendar per request AND a linear/chronological schedule list.

Julian_Kirkness
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi Andrew

Are you holding your milestones as a separate milestones table - or are they simply columns in your requests table?

If the latter I se your problem. But if you have a separate table then you could base your calendar on the Milestones table and it would be able to show you calendars and other views based upon all the dated records, filtered as required.

Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Yes, the latter… Totally open to an overhaul, but not yet exactly sure what you are proposing. Can you help clarify? AKA, in a new Milestones table, would there be a record per milestone, or a field per? Obviously, in our current implementation, it’s field-per. THANX!

Laura_Servidei
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Are you proposing to have a table where each record is a milestone for a particular creative request? This would explode the DB… not very practical