Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Different weekend days

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Mohamed_Moustaf
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I have a problem with the calendar view.

When I collapsed weekend days I found that theyโ€™re set to Saturdays and Sundays while the official weekend for 18 countries is Friday and Saturday. Can you please enable us to change the weekend days or set it to default by the timezone. My country is Egypt and hereโ€™s the full list of countries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workweek_and_weekend

Thanks,

1 Comment
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I totally agree with you that the calendar should be more flexible in terms of what a weekend is, and what day calendar weeks should start on.

Very similar to you, I have friends in many countries around the world, and the Airtable calendar is unusable for them, because for them, calendar weeks need to be displayed with Monday as the first day. But Airtable only starts calendar weeks on Sunday. This is slightly different than your issue, but it is still part of the same problem.

Itโ€™s extremely unlikely that this issue will be fixed in Airtable anytime soon โ€” people have been asking for this sort of calendar flexibility for a very long time, and nothing has been done yet. The Airtable team is based entirely in USA, and sadly they have a very USA-based view of the world. Even the currency field is not usable in many international countries โ€” tons of countries use different separators than we do in the USA for our currency. Also, the phone number field was specifically designed to only work in USA.

Anyways, in regards to the calendar issue, thereโ€™s only one thing you can do to partially solve this problem. You can subscribe to your Airtable calendar in another calendar client, such as Google Calendar or Outlook or BusyCal โ€” or any calendar client that will display your calendar in the proper way. Then, you can view all of your Airtable events in your external calendar client.

However, there are at least 3 problems with this methodology:
(1) you canโ€™t modify any of the events there
(2) you canโ€™t see any other information about your event except the title of the event (which is the value in your primary field)
(3) you canโ€™t bring over colors from Airtable

But for at least quickly viewing the titles (i.e. primary fields) of calendar events, this would be the path to take.