Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Difficult to use with touchscreen even on 15" laptop

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Donna_Cavalier
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Perhaps other views are more touch-friendly, but grid-view is almost impossible to work with on my 15" laptop touch screen. Itโ€™s not even a matter of size. I can enlarge the screen so that cells are larger than my finger, but that doesnโ€™t help. The scrollbars pretty much donโ€™t work at all when dragging them on screen, and I canโ€™t swipe through to unseen areas of the grid. Basically, itโ€™s just not built for using with touchscreen, but it should be. Donโ€™t think just in terms of mobile or small tablets. Recognize the need to use this on large touch screens as well. It should just work.

40 Comments
Gary_Cunliffe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Donโ€™t know which browser youโ€™re using but I had a similar touch requirement and found Firefox to be much more capable than Chrome.

Robert_Laing

Everything else seems to work fine, but it seems impossible to scroll (horizontally or vertically) using the touchscreen. This is a big inconvenience obviously.

Donna_Cavalier

Agree. Itโ€™s next to impossible to use like this.

Brad_Johns
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 - Yes, it would be great if this was fixable. I was hoping to to do a bit of tablet entry with Microsoft Surface but this is not, for the moment possible.

Erik_Moisio
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

When I open a table in grid view, I cannot scroll up and down by using my touch screen. When I actually open up a record I can scroll with touch, but not when viewing the whole table. The sliders on the right edge of the screen and the bottom of the screen also do not respond to touch input. My operating system is Windows 10 and I have tried using Airtable both through web browsers and through the Windows 10 App.

Edward_Shamis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same problem. It would be so good to have for the touch!

Erik_Moisio
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes! Airtable grid view on a Microsoft Surface would be awesome. I am a traveling salesman and it would really increase my productivity.

Thierry_Portman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same experience with any browser on Android! And the design of the Android app does not suit me, I need to work with tables like in the office!

Enrico_Ros
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Confirmed - I went to buy a Surface Pro tablet to bring AirTable with me at day and night, but discovered that I canโ€™t scroll tables (both on Edge and Chrome).
It would work with an external mouse / mouse pad on Chrome.

Mary_Schlesinge
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

How did you resolve this? I have the same issue.