Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Document Scanner

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Derek_Clark
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’d like to use the Airtable app as my primary document Scanner.

I love using Airtable to track expenses. And, f course, it is nice to include an image of the related receipt or invoice.
Airtable’s iOS app allows users to snap pictures using your phone’s camera, however, it would be great if I could use the app to create a “scanned document”. Apps like Evernote and DropBox do this well so I typically use those apps to scan my documents but it would be nice to skip this step.

Thanks Airtable!

10 Comments
Caleb_Kang
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I second this request. To be able to organize all tax receipts and donation receipts without leaving airtable would be a great addition.

Jan_Salomonsson
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Do it with zapier? I do, and it works really well. I trigger the zap with a new file in a dropbox folder. Granted - that doesn’t allow me to do it “without leaving Airtable”, but I do skip the step of attaching manually.

Sebastian_Rojas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Jan, any chance you could explain how? thx!

Brenda_Ginsberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Jan_Salomonsson, Can you please explain how you do this? thx!

Ricardo_Martine
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I believe Airtable would attract many people from their mobile interface if we could just snap a picture of a receipt just like the scanners do. Most of us have to report this to our companies to get reimbursed. The problem lies in the fact that these reports get printed…

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@Ricardo_Martinez

You can already do that with the attachment field on the Airtable Mobile app:

Rebecca_Elam
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

apple has a short cut that can make anything a pdf

Rob_Watson

I agree. It would be great to add an attachment to airtable through a scanner via the add attachment pop-up box. Right now I have to scan, save to my computer, then upload. I’d love to skip those intermediate steps.

Scot_Kerr
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there any update on whether Airtable is considering adding a native scanner app to their web based application? The multistep process of scanning a doc and then uploading it to the field in Airtable is really annoying.

Rebecca_Elam
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

i think it would cost much more than 24 dollars a month my friend