Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Document Scanner

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Derek_Clark
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Iโ€™d like to use the Airtable app as my primary document Scanner.

I love using Airtable to track expenses. And, f course, it is nice to include an image of the related receipt or invoice.
Airtableโ€™s iOS app allows users to snap pictures using your phoneโ€™s camera, however, it would be great if I could use the app to create a โ€œscanned documentโ€. Apps like Evernote and DropBox do this well so I typically use those apps to scan my documents but it would be nice to skip this step.

Thanks Airtable!

10 Comments
Caleb_Kang
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I second this request. To be able to organize all tax receipts and donation receipts without leaving airtable would be a great addition.

Jan_Salomonsson
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Do it with zapier? I do, and it works really well. I trigger the zap with a new file in a dropbox folder. Granted - that doesnโ€™t allow me to do it โ€œwithout leaving Airtableโ€, but I do skip the step of attaching manually.

Sebastian_Rojas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Jan, any chance you could explain how? thx!

Brenda_Ginsberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Jan_Salomonsson, Can you please explain how you do this? thx!

Ricardo_Martine
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I believe Airtable would attract many people from their mobile interface if we could just snap a picture of a receipt just like the scanners do. Most of us have to report this to our companies to get reimbursed. The problem lies in the fact that these reports get printedโ€ฆ

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@Ricardo_Martinez

You can already do that with the attachment field on the Airtable Mobile app:

Rebecca_Elam
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

apple has a short cut that can make anything a pdf

Rob_Watson

I agree. It would be great to add an attachment to airtable through a scanner via the add attachment pop-up box. Right now I have to scan, save to my computer, then upload. Iโ€™d love to skip those intermediate steps.

Scot_Kerr
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there any update on whether Airtable is considering adding a native scanner app to their web based application? The multistep process of scanning a doc and then uploading it to the field in Airtable is really annoying.

Rebecca_Elam
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

i think it would cost much more than 24 dollars a month my friend