Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Embedded Views - Preserve Collapsed/Expanded Groups

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi all - this is somewhat of a repeat topic, but the original post wasn’t under feature requests and has not yet been addressed.

When embedding a view that is grouped, every group is expanded regardless of how the view is configured prior to embedding it. It would be great to be able to preserve the configuration when embedding.

Use case: I embed several views on our company intranet with files to download. I have several different “packets” of files that I want employees to be able to see at a glance, instead of having to scroll past each group that they don’t need.

What I want the embedded view to look like:
GROUP_EX1

vs. What it actually looks like:
GROUP_EX2

7 Comments
nathan_feger
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

+1 for this. Would make embedding views even more sticky

Arran_Magee
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1. Sometimes it appears to start collapsed, but no rhyme of reason for why so been unable to replicate it.

Hi_Tech
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this. We embed in Confluence, and in our case are most interested in the counts and not the underlying records. It would be really nice if the collapsed view was preserved/respected.

LW-SavvyIndie
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 on this. Uncollapsed groups take up SOOO much vertical.

Kristin_Craig
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 this would be very helpful

Leslie_Burke
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 Most people group to see the summary, so it makes sense that there would be the option to default to the collapsed view. Same goes for the grid elements in Interfaces...default to be collapsed. 

katie2
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1