Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Enable selection of multiple elements/records in Timeline view

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
mu71rd
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator
What is the proposed idea/solution?

It would be very useful to be able to select multiple records in timeline view. This would allow you to move multiple bookings at once, in the case of needing to adjust all bookings in a week/two week period by one day. A common scheduling requirement. 

How does is solve the user problems?

Because otherwise you have to move bookings one day at a time, which is very time consuming.

How was this validated?

Who is the target audience?

Anyone handling complicated bookings or task management. 

1 Comment
annikahubert
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I agree. 

I would like to be able to choose from a number of different tables to include on my timeline, similar to how Lists works. 
In our use case, we have initiatives, epics and tasks and I would love to be able to see all these on a single timeline. 

We also have other tables of data such as leave/holidays and other events (industry events and internal change events) so that we can see what else is happening during the period in question.

I have done some fudging to include initiatives and epics on one view but it is not user-friendly when you start interacting with it.

My request
1) allow a hierarchy of tables, similar to lists (e.g. initiatives > epics > tasks)
2) allow other tables to be added and displayed in a separate group (initiatives vs events vs leave)

Nice to have for 1) allow user to expand and collapse the hierarchy in the timeline view