Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

multi-dimensional question

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daliayedidia
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast
What is the proposed idea/solution?

Allow questions on forms that are multi-dimensional, like this https://community.airtable.com/t5/other-questions/multiple-choice-grid-on-forms/td-p/81080

How does is solve the user problems?

This will prevent fatigue from users who otherwise have to fill out multiple questions with the same sets of answers i.e. a series of statements that all have the same set of answers to select "strongly disagree, disagree, neither agree/disagree, agree, strongly agree"

Who is the target audience?

We are an enterprise account who uses AirTable for our program evaluations, for our thousands of program participants to fill out their evaluations

1 Comment
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I agree that this would be a great feature for Airtable to add to the product!

In the meantime, you can get this feature for free by using Fillout's advanced forms for Airtable. This is one of the hundreds of advanced form features that are natively built into Fillout.

In Fillout, you would just add your "multiple choice matrix" to your Fillout form, and then you would map each row to a specific field in Airtable. It's super easy.

Fillout offers hundreds of advanced form features like this that you can't get natively with Airtable's forms.

For example, Fillout offers the ability to update Airtable records from a form, the ability to accept payments on forms, the ability to have multi-page forms with conditional paths, the ability to create new linked records on a form, the ability to display Airtable lookup fields & Airtable rollup fields & Airtable attachments & formulas on forms, the ability to perform math or other live calculations on your forms, visually displaying as many fields as you want to see in a linked record selection list (including attachment fields), limiting the number of linked records that can be chosen, and much more.

And in your case, they offer what you're looking for: "multi-dimensional questions" that can be directly mapped to Airtable fields.

I give a brief demonstration of Fillout on this Airtable podcast episode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrqXdRNmQIY&list=PLqssva4liHRwHhQIpTXekG8WObEoyC2F1

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld