Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Expanded view "Hide Field" and "Show Field" [SOLVED]

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S_B
5 - Automation Enthusiast

When in expanded view for a record, it would be handy to be able to show or hide a field by clicking its drop down arrow and selecting “Show Field” or “Hide Field” from the menu.

5 Comments
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

You have visible the same fields that are visible in the View from you are expanding the Record. You want to see the Name but not the Value? :thinking:

Carter_Lavering
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I think S_B means being able to change which fields are hidden and shown within the expanded view, rather than having to toggle between the current view and the expanded record. +1 from me :thumbs_up:

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

If that’s what @S_B is referring to, you can, in fact, already do this! To hide a visible field, just click the dropdown arrow next to the field name, then select the Hide field option.
Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 4.53.53 PM.png

To make a hidden field visible, fan out the hidden fields section at the bottom of the expanded record so you can see it, then click the dropdown arrow next to the field name, then select the Unhide field option.
Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 4.55.58 PM.png

For further information, please read the support article on hidden fields and the section on Hiding fields in expanded records.

S_B

Sorry for the delay, everyone!

This is exactly what I was looking for! My mind is officially blown, because I look at that menu all the time and can’t believe I never saw that.

Status changed to: Already in product
MaddieJ
Community Manager
Community Manager