Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Feature parity between desktop and iOS

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Achim_Baur
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I could not find a dedicated feature request for this so I made one.

There are quite a lot of features that are in the desktop version but not on iOS:

• Group records (Group view on ios)

• Calendar View

• Kanban View

• Form View

• Blocks

• Create or edit formula, rollup, count, lookup and created time fields

• Show/hide fields

• Share Button

• Download CSV

• History

• Color

• Row Height

• Copy another views configuration

Please add in comments if I am forgetting something here.

Is feature parity on the roadmap?

19 Comments
Achim_Baur
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Bumping up this thread.

stonkykong
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Just adding my voice to this chorus of requests for iOS feature parity. More and more people and organizations are becoming mobile-first or mobile-only. Iโ€™m a small business owner myself - iPad-first - and would happily pay for a pro subscription if the mobile/iOS versions were given first-class priority to match features, or at least, if there was even a semblance of an attempt to do so.

I looked at the release notes on the App Store and the vast majority are generic โ€œBug fixes and performance improvementsโ€. Cโ€™mon guys, AirTable on iOS - the app is so good, and IMO a much better experience for basic management of bases than a web browser - all things being equal. It just needs to match all the new features released in the last 3 years!

Aby_Sudds

Bumping this again! Please bring more features to mobile!

Sabrina_Pereira

I canโ€™t scroll either. Iโ€™m trying to use Airtable on my iPad pro and itโ€™s nothing short of a nightmare. I donโ€™t understand why the iPad app doesnโ€™t have full desktop functionality.

Philip_Johnston

+1 to this. The most basic interaction - editing anything - is a complete nightmare. Hereโ€™s what youโ€™re in for:

Instead of letting you simply tap on a cell and make your change, tapping on a cell in Airtable IOS edition forces open the record view(!)โ€ฆwhich then doesnโ€™t give focus to the field you just tapped on(!!). Which means hunting for the very thing you just interacted with, so you can tap on it a second time.

All annoying enough, but then the killer: IOS record view refuses to honour hidden fields. (!!!) Which means youโ€™re now playing Whereโ€™s Wally among the complete list of every field you ever created for this databaseโ€ฆall to find something that youโ€™ve already tapped on.

I love working with Airtable on a desktop, but itโ€™s not ready for fieldwork yet on mobile devices.

Jaana_Simula
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™ve got to add my wish to the list. Kanban and calendar views on desktop are great, and seeing them on iOS would be super beneficial. Is this on the roadmap?

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

Airtable is looking to hire an iOS engineer (and an Android one too), and from the sound of the job listing, it seems like they donโ€™t currently have a lead engineer doing full-time development on the iOS app. That would explain the mostly radio silence regarding updates to the iOS app in the last several monthsโ€ฆ but itโ€™s promising that they are looking to fill this role.

CleanShot 2020-07-23 at 14.53.27

stonkykong

Thanks Jeremy - any idea how long this job posting has been up for? That they appear to be looking for an iOS engineer (finally!?) is promising and at the same time troubling if itโ€™s only for one developer. Considering how far iOS is lagging behind the web version in features, I feel like theyโ€™d need a small team to catch up and keep up with the pace of development.

MFAB
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The addition of buttons from summer '22 reinvigorated my use of the iOS version. :clap: The Grouped Grid View Announcement of 2020 was a big step in the right direction.

I would like to see the following capabilities added to the iOS Grid View:

• Filter records
  • Show item colors. Personally donโ€™t need to edit colors in iOS. I can do that on desktop. Just want to see the colors.

The load desktop in mobile web browser workaround doesnโ€™t cut it for my purposes e.g. in the browser I need to open Expanded View of a record to activate a button which is an extra step where in the iOS app the button activates directly from the Grid View.